I have Parallels Plesk 9.2.1, Debian 4 and 5.2.0-8+etch13
Is it safe to upgrade PHP5 to the latest version and how do I do it - I mean is there something special I have to be aware of?
I just did this with Plesk 9.2.1 and got it to work eventually.
In order to upgrade PHP 5 to the needed version please do the following:
- back up the directory %plesk_dir%\Additional\PleskPHP5 - just in case something will go wrong
- stop the Plesk services (Control Panel and all that are included in the Plesk Run-Time section)
- rename folder %plesk_dir%\Additional\PleskPHP5 to the orig_PleskPHP5
- create a new folder PleskPHP5
- download the needed version of PHP. It should be the PHP 5.2.11 Non-thread-safe zip package.
- unzip the content and copy it to the newly created folder PleskPHP5
- copy the file php.ini from the old folder to the new one
- start the web server services
- You will likely need to install this IIS 7 HotFix: FIX: A PHP application that depends on the REQUEST_URI server variable may fail when you run the PHP application in IIS 7.0.
- Be aware of is that other versions of PHP were not tested with Plesk 9 (the tested versions are shipped with Plesk).