问题描述:

Background :

Application written in Delphi-7 or -6 (have search through the .exe file). Called Sigmanest.

I have moved to new server and that's left is SigmaNest database running under SQL server. After many hours of troubleshooting for migrate that database to new server. The trouble have covered all aspect of this SQL server app. services not started at default, non working wizard, lack of full-text something, ridiculous many places to right click etc .. The lost goes on and on.

At the moment I have a working SQL server with the database SNDBase (sigmanest) at the new hardware but not be able to connect from client.

Na this can't be right I thought and searched for alternatives.. 4-5 click in MySQL workbench and I have it up an running on test linux box... Fine ..

But now it comes to problem.

SigmaNest uses a ini files for its config.

So inside one ini file I found

; 1 = Paradox, 2 = MSSQLServer or MSDE

ADOConnectionString=Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Data Source=ODIN\SIGMANEST;User ID=sigmanest;Password="";Persist Security Info=True;Initial Catalog=SNDBase;

Okej .. installed Mysql odbc driver on the client and made the connection . All working so far ..

Turned to google and found the ADOConnectionsstring for mysql ...

ADOConnectionString=DRIVER={MySQL ODBC 5.2a Driver};SERVER=192.168.100.19;PORT=3306;DATABASE=SNDBase;UID=sigmanest;PASSWORD=;OPTION=4;

But the app will not start . just return to sigmanest's config tool for db connection.

Have posted this to SigmaTek but the only response I have been giving is a mail with ADOConnection string for MS sql server through SQLOLEDB.

Have searched the drive and haven't found anny dbex*.dll files witch means that they don't uses dbExpress component (my guess).

So is there some missing dll files that didn't come with the app. Or is this kind of thing hardcoded inside the program?

Anyone having a idea how to proceed ?

Or should I drop the mysql dream and go for the waste of space sql server backend.

Per Nils

PS.

The SigmaNest.exe have a time stamp 2006-05-19

DS.

网友答案:

Sorry but I didn't know where to go with this issue. And stackoverflow seems to have gadder ed all the talent people in the world under the same roof so to speak.

Ken White : Yes you are right I can't use MySQL on this application (after hours of googling and testing).

Anyway I managed to make the connection like this (maybe something is usefully for others some of it is Delphi related)

  • First you have to download the mysql connector http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/

  • Make a ODBC conenction from control panel-> administration tools -> Data sources (ODBC) under tab "User DSN"

  • The you make a new text file with notepad.

  • Rename the file with extension .udl

  • Double click on it and fill in the dialog boxes ...

  • Open the file in notepad and there you have your adoconnection string.

But your problem is not over.. Difference in SQL vs MySQL will make your app to halt .. for example boolean in MySQL is declared as a tinyint (0=false 1=true)

A workaround is mention here http://www.i-logic.com/utilities/MySQL.htm

So my struggle gave nothing in return but some of above could be a interested for others.

Per Nils ..

相关阅读:
Top