There seems to be mod_wsgi module in Apache and uwsgi module in Nginx. And there also seems to be the wsgi protocol and uwsgi protocol.
I have the following questions.
- Are mod_wsgi and uwsgi just different implementations to provide WSGI capabilities to the Python web developer?
- Is there a mod_wsgi for Nginx?
- Does uwsgi also offer the
application(environ, start_response) entry point to the developers?
- Is uwsgi also a separate protocol apart from wsgi? In this case, how is the uwsgi protocol different from the wsgi protocol?
- They are just 2 different ways of running WSGI applications.
- Have you tried googling for
- Any wsgi compliant server has that entry point, that's what the wsgi specification requires.
- Yes, but that's only how
uwsgi communicates with Nginx. With
mod_wsgi the Python part is run from within Nginx, with
uwsgi you run a separate app.