Till now after searching what i know is, in iOS , notifications cannot be handled, once the app is killed , and after that app is launched by tapping app icon.
i want to achieve what whatsapp does, i.e.
1) i kill whatsapp from multitasking swipe up.
2) i receive whatsapp 1 new message push notification.
3) then without launching whatsapp(through app icon or through notification) i disconnect mobile data/ wifi or any internet connection.
4) after disconnecting all connections, i launch whatsapp BY LAUNCHING IT FROM APP ICON(and not from notification).
5) then i find that those notification message is already shown at the top chat as the new message with message count.
Now, my concern is, how does whats app handle push notification, even after app is killed.
PushKit is the only solution...
For ref:- https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/NetworkingInternet/Reference/PushKit_Framework/